WiTricity

I don't know about you, but I've got a lot of cords that get tangled pretty often. I'm always arbitrating fights between my tangled cords, trying to pull them apart from each other. They just never seem to be able to get along.

So maybe I'll just get rid of them, because now I can.
Scientists from MIT have developed a way to charge computers, phones, controllers, and so much more without ever plugging them in. It's called WiTricity, and it works using a magnetic field to create energy flow. Ordinarily, magnets are harmful to computers and such things, but this magnetic field is not.
Not only is this an ingenious invention, but it also happens to have a very sleek design, which makes it highly market-ready.
WiTricity was named by Technology Review in 2008 as one of the "10 Emerging Technologies" which are most likely to change the way we live. I really believe that it will. In a few years, wires will be outdated.

No comments:

Post a Comment